All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Last Alliance Forum Gone??
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:37 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I tried to log on, but it says that the Domain name has expired. Anyone know?

Post subject: Re: Last Alliance Forum Gone??
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:46 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yeah, I've seen that too.
Dunno who's been in charge of paying to renew the domain since Mithaeron left 5 years ago, but the forum has been in decline since. The way I see it, either whoever's in charge now forgot to pay to renew it, and it'll be sorted out soon, or they've just let it die (which I wouldn't blame them for either).

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It's a pity if the second biggest lotr sbg forum shuts down for 30 E... :(
But this is a sign of our age I suppose..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:22 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looks like it's back now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:47 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Its back again. Its a pain to get renewed from what I know due to its change of ownership over the years. The admin are still involved in the hobby and it only lacks activity because everyone moved over here ;) Still enough goes on for me to check regularly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:19 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Maybe I will have to revive my WIP thread there, that was my first one, retired it when I was remaking my website so I should revive it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Do people still go on TLA?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:07 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yes, but not often. I check here like 3 times a day, and I'll check there like once a week on average.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As mentioned before, most of it's membership have moved onto this site. Which may be a bad thing since the name "The one ring" has a lot more competition on google searches.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:35 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That website was dead when I signed up half a year ago or more....and there were a lot of ridiculous topics with goofy comments to be honest.

Like people arguing about the same thing in two topics within 3 posts of each other lol.

It was dead and boring. I for one dont miss any part of it. Nobody needs to look further than this site for anything Hobbi SBG. This site can get slow itself at times.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Let us not be insulting to those members, self included, that started on TLA and that enjoyed it a lot. We are brother in SBG and this hobby, Save the slights and death tokens for the Warhammer sites. :)

This site is more polished and professional looking, but it is not necessary to convey info. The two sites shared the same info for a long time, but eventually with TLA going down multiple times, more and more members used this site exclusively, less was shared on both sites. We should actually be ashamed of this not happy, as this is like letting a company of rangers die so you can keep your main force alive, it is not a happy deal in our hobby that many have claimed is dead since it started (those 40K'ers are brutal, all in fun though).

For SBG and painting/collecting Hobbit/LOTR models alive long after GW, we should be wanting many sites pointing to us, growing our community, having clubs in many countries not just the GBHL club.

So though TLA is not used often... I would encourage people to help do something about it, not Troll it's demise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:48 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I am old and grumpy but I fail to see the point of a board that is basically a carbon copy of this one? Posting stuff here and then posting the exact same thing there seems tedious and frankly unnecessary considering many are members of both so you get the same replies. Don't get me wrong I loved TLA in its heyday when I was one of its more successful article writers and a moderator there. Sadly both TLA and O-R are pale shadows of their former incarnations, but at least here things remain a little more active.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

2 of things you said in that statement are soooo true Dave. I'll leave you to decide which ;-)

old and grumpy
< :lol:

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:57 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sithious wrote:
Let us not be insulting to those members, self included, that started on TLA and that enjoyed it a lot. We are brother in SBG and this hobby, Save the slights and death tokens for the Warhammer sites. :)

This site is more polished and professional looking, but it is not necessary to convey info. The two sites shared the same info for a long time, but eventually with TLA going down multiple times, more and more members used this site exclusively, less was shared on both sites. We should actually be ashamed of this not happy, as this is like letting a company of rangers die so you can keep your main force alive, it is not a happy deal in our hobby that many have claimed is dead since it started (those 40K'ers are brutal, all in fun though).

For SBG and painting/collecting Hobbit/LOTR models alive long after GW, we should be wanting many sites pointing to us, growing our community, having clubs in many countries not just the GBHL club.

So though TLA is not used often... I would encourage people to help do something about it, not Troll it's demise.

Im not being insulting. There were so many new members who were just posting crazy, or trolly stuff. And no moderators fixed it.

As UK Freddy said, this site has most of the same posts.......half the posts I see on a local Chicago forum, area also here.

This site is not only well done, but has more passionate fans. More thoughts, ideas, approaches....I went to that first and saw a hollow place. Here I met some really great friends.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:06 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

ukfreddybear wrote:
Posting stuff here and then posting the exact same thing there seems tedious and frankly unnecessary considering many are members of both so you get the same replies.

8)

I agree with this for sure, well sort of. For a long time I was only a member of TLA, so I didn't see any repeated content. :) But, since coming here I have seen a lot of duplicate content. and I miss the articles. I for one was doing my best to post pictures on TLA that I was not posting here, and vice-versa. But that can be tedious. Hopefully when new 12-14 year olds see the LOTR trilogy or Hobbit, or read the books they are able to find the one ring site. an internet search for The one Ring finds this site middle of page two. The last alliance finds TLA somewhere on page three. It would be great of the one ring, which leads to this hobby better than GW, could be found easier.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I feel the need to say at this point that there is absolutely NO competition between The One Ring and TLA. Each are great in their own right. Sure TLA have been having problems at the moment but they'll get it together as they always do.

As for One Ring not being found until the middle of page 2 .... pah who cares? we know we're here lol.

So .. to answer the original post .. TLA gone? No its hasn't and hopefully never does.

End of discussion. :-)

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I don't know what search engine you use but I just googled one ring and it was fourth on the list at the top of page one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]