All times are UTC

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:02 pm

Post subject: Rohan Royal Guard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:20 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi one and all

after a long time away from lord of the rings discovering the other wonders of games workshop and then being driven away by codex creep, more rule book reincarnations than a Hindu Dr Who and the dis-like of getting a second and third mortgage to pay for miniatures I have finally taken the time to go back to where I started and dig out and dust of the old miniatures and dare i say buy a few more out of my well earned bonus.

And i am pleased to share that it seems that games workshop still has a stock of some of the metal miniatures left.... sneaky little hobbitses

after trying to get the Rohan royal guard on eBay and struggling i though i would go for the web store only resin ones, placed the order payed the over the odds but cheaper than eBay prices and low and behold 3 days latter in the post

NICE SHINY METAL GUARDS !!!!!!

on average £12.00 plus on fleebay.... £8.20 on GW... just had to share the news lol

i hope to get some feed back and help as i set about making a rohirrum army.
 Post subject: Re: Rohan Royal Guard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:28 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Aye, I ordered two packs in the summer and they were still metal sculpts. I'm quite happy as I prefer the robustness they have.

What kind of Rohan army are you going for? Standard kind of mix? All cavalry? Or dare I say it...all infantry?

Also, if you're into Rohan (or SBG in general) make sure you check out the Great British Hobbit League on YouTube. Lots of awesome content on there!

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

There is a load of stuff on ebay for silly prices when it's still available direct from GW.

http://journeyofthering.wordpress.com
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

redeaston wrote:
There is a load of stuff on ebay for silly prices when it's still available direct from GW.

I queried that once with a seller and the reasoning behind it is that overseas buyers can buy it cheaper on uk ebay than they can get it from there local GW (Especially Australia and New Zealand). GW uk will not ship abroad if that country has their own GW.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

WhoelsebutHaldir

thanks for your comment, at this stage I'm gearing towards a cavalry heavy army,

but i have a strong dislike of the official plastic miniatures so I'm going to be trying out the conquest games Norman knights kit 15 mini's for £20.00 kit bashed and converted with Rohirrium shields and other round shield types to achieve my standard units

then I have a box of gripping beast Vikings 44 in a box for £22.00 again kit bashed with some Rohirrium shield.

only down side is the lack of cloaks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hmm, sounds pretty cool. Ide love to see some of the finished models once you have them!

You might be able to use green stuff to make some cloaks, but that could take a long time to complete. I'm not quite sure how to fix that, but there's probably something that you could learn from the modelling section.

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

WhoelsebutHaldir

I will definitely post pictures as I have never done such a blatant deviation from set models at most I have done a 50% bit swap but never a complete change.

I will no doubt use the painting guides from here to do the painting.

as for cloaks I have attempted to use green stuff but alas I cant get it right so that's a another question for the forums or I may claim that no normal man would wear a cloak in battle or else be weighed down and confined etc.