All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: THAT'S AGAIN OUT OF STOCK
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I am trying from the beginning of the new site to make an order of 6 LOTR products that cost more than 70 $ so that i will not pay the postage.

I log in every day to the site and I can't ever find all of em available to order. One day erkenbrand is missing, the next day grimbold, thranduil is missing a month now. I send em gently mails asking them about what happens but it seems like the service is not a service, don't let me describe what it is............... Are they mocking me? :yay: 8)

What the ... is wrong with them???????????????????????

I can give 1 billion reasons why gw is the worst game company ever (considering their policy in the last 10 years) but this is unacceptable!

Post subject: Re: THAT'S AGAIN OUT OF STOCK
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Firstly don't rant please. Secondly I'd rather they tell me when something is unavailable instead of buying it and getting a sorry message. Thirdly temporarily means not forever so be patient. And lastly put your order through and when all items are available they'll ship it, or you can get a push through for available items and they'll send the others later without charging you shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Imladris96 wrote:
Firstly don't rant please. Secondly I'd rather they tell me when something is unavailable instead of buying it and getting a sorry message. Thirdly temporarily means not forever so be patient. And lastly put your order through and when all items are available they'll ship it, or you can get a push through for available items and they'll send the others later without charging you shipping.

1. This is the straw that broke the camel's back.... I have paid em large amounts without EVER getting objectively good customer service.

2. Getting deeper... So they produce few things in stock and selling it overcosted rather than make it cheaper and sell more.. In this way the stock would be always filled up, this is what my dump mind is thinking.

3. What about if some of the items become NO LONGER AVAILABLE as long as i am waiting?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Valadorn wrote:
Imladris96 wrote:

1. This is the straw that broke the camel's back.... I have paid em large amounts without EVER getting objectively good customer service.

2. Getting deeper... So they produce few things in stock and selling it overcosted rather than make it cheaper and sell more.. In this way the stock would be always filled up, this is what my dump mind is thinking.

3. What about if some of the items become NO LONGER AVAILABLE as long as i am waiting?

1. You're not the only person who has supported GW and received bad service. Also I don't think items being out of stock qualify as 'bad service'.

2. Everything seems easy in theory. Just because something is cheaper doesn't mean it will sell heaps. In fact if people kept buying them they'd be out of stock more often making it even more inconvenient for you. If they can't keep up with the demand now what do you think will happen if there were more customers?

3. If that happens (which it has to some people I know) then that ship has sailed and you're going to have to start looking elsewhere. Try looking for trade and selling pages on Facebook or start a trade thread here. Ebay is also an alternative.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Just to chime in. This is probably GW bashing which is against site policy

And the advice Imladris gives is quite good on what to do. I've been collecting this game for more than 10 years and I've had several things slip my grasp but all you can do is pursue it through alternate channels if you really want it

MiniWargaming

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I am not going to analyze it further cause finally I found a solution with a "special direct only" order with a friend from a local store.

As a conclusion to the discussion I d like to mention that it is quite unfair for us to support something that does not support you .-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:31 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Valadorn wrote:
As a conclusion to the discussion I d like to mention that it is quite unfair for us to support something that does not support you .-

Ultimately that's immaterial. You choose whether to support it or not, its not forced upon you, I don't like it myself but its that or nothing at all

MiniWargaming

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Buying from another distributor is a good idea.
Instead of being mad at GW when really it is the service employee and some stock problems that you are mad about, well you just have to let that go, stop being mad at what you have no control over. See, now that you are not upset at GW. You can think calmly and look at your options.

Some distributers offer 10% or 20% off. Some places offer free shipping. With GW you were trying to stack up to the free shipping amount. Now you can weigh what you actually want and compare the shipping rates vrs the discount %. You can then find the best deal for you.

Getting upset and bashing GW just doesn't help solve any problems (well venting can help but not here). In the end there are so many people working for GW worldwide that to blame the whole company is un realistic just as predicting how they manage the company and prices compared to very small companies with less people to manage and less products, warehouses, rents, stores etc.

I hope you get all the models you wanted. They are all out there somewhere for sale.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If a product i want from gw is out of stock I select the email me when it's back in stock option under the model. It shows gw there is still a demand for the product, and I always get an email when its back in stock. If gw no longer carries it, go ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:07 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Well, I believe that's enough of that.

Remember, folks, let's keep the whinging to a minimum. It just spikes your blood pressure and doesn't help anything at all.

Also, even us old guys don't like to be yelled at, so please refrain from TYPING IN ALL CAPS. IT'S EXASPERATING!

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]