All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:47 am

Post subject: Rumor: Possible second wave of LotR releases.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:42 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

What with all the releases for evil, I've been hoping that good would have a release to sorta rebalance the scale. While looking through through the lists for what I would need to finish my Rohan army, I noticed that Erkenbrand is labeled as "This product is expected to despatch in one to two weeks." I may be wrong, but everytime that I've seen that on the website, it's meant that that model is about to be released in Finecast. If one hero is about to come out in Finecast, it stands to reason that more will too. If they release a slew of good heros in Finecast, I would also assume that they'll be making a few releases for the side of good.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Rumor: Possible second wave of LotR releases.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:19 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well they did release some corpses for you this month . . . the delay doesn't not necessarily guarantee a finecast release. Erkenbrand would be a strange but if he is coming out then you can guarantee he will be with some of the other more popular models. My prediction is a box of Dunedain in the near future.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:22 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

the box of corpses weren't always corpses its been that long since we've had any new lotr they died of boredom waiting to be released

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:37 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

indeed, i hope they release some mini's from the good side too...but it is all finecast -.- only the easterling are made of plastic :x ...bah finecast..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:36 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I would not get your hpes up Draugluin. Durburz has been on a delay of 1-2 weeks, then 3-4 weeks since early December (in the UK which is where GW is based ansd so released have greater congruence)) yet he is not in FC yet.

(On a related note, the delays aren't always as long asd they say. In UK, Durburz has aforementioned delay of 3-4 weeks yet arrived in just over one week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

They might be waiting to rerelease Durburz because they didn't want him to be compared to Groblog. Who knows. Last time you told me not to get my hopes up, we had a release, albeit 2 months later than I had hoped.

EDIT: Durburz isn't delayed in the US.

Last edited by Draugluin on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'm sure I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that there will be two LOTR releases in February.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I think Dezartfox said that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:26 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'm almost certain that we will be seeing regular LotR releases from now on. Not big releases like this month, but smaller releases alongside 40k and Fantasy. GW would be stupid to relaunch LotR like they did only to let it die down again before the Hobbit is released. My guess is they will try to keep it going at a constant rate until the big Hobbit release at the end of the year/early next year. A part of this is obviously rerealeasing the stuff that is still metal in finecast like they already started with Gandalf, Theoden, the Fellowship, etc. This is why I'm really hoping they have put some yet-unreleased units in the new books. If there are some, that might give us a hint what to expect. :)

I'm also hoping that Good will get some bigger release along the way like Evil does now. Would make sense. In that vein, it's only a matter of time until Erkenbrand (and most other heroes, for that matter) are redone in Finecast - with the usual price hike, of course. That's why I ordered a metal one now! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

To further fuel the rumor mongering....

GW What's New Today Blog wrote:
Yes, that includes all of the ones that appeared in White Dwarf over the last couple of years, so Amdûr, the Elven Stormcaller, Flói Stonehand and all the others are in there. There are even a few new units (as you will have seen over the weekend), including the Watcher in the Water, the Dwellers in the Dark, and several new characters.

Note I added the bold text...

Obvioulsy this could be taken a lot of ways but it wouldn't surprise me if they have profiles for new characters in these books (that's what they did with WotR). I'm hoping we get some new good models/characters too (Elfhelm for example?!?!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I was in to Games Workshop to get the White Dwarf and the manager mentioned there being more books and models to be released. However at the same time it took just under five minutes to convince her they switched the plastic sets from 24 to 12 models and hiked the price. So I don't exactly know the credibility of what this staff knows ahead of time... as they tend to say the are the last ones to know about anything!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I imagine there will have to be more book releases. They can't exactly release anything that will be in the Hobbit. If PJ decides to recreate the desolation of Smaug as narrated by Thorin, in theory we could see Dale of old, and Erebor at its peak. At minimum we'll need a book with Laketown, Beornings, and Goblin-town...and I can hope for different elves, since I'm sure PJs vision of Thranduil's Halls will be different than what GW has already done.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:43 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

BrentS wrote:
To further fuel the rumor mongering....

GW What's New Today Blog wrote:
Yes, that includes all of the ones that appeared in White Dwarf over the last couple of years, so Amdûr, the Elven Stormcaller, Flói Stonehand and all the others are in there. There are even a few new units (as you will have seen over the weekend), including the Watcher in the Water, the Dwellers in the Dark, and several new characters.

Note I added the bold text...

Obvioulsy this could be taken a lot of ways but it wouldn't surprise me if they have profiles for new characters in these books (that's what they did with WotR). I'm hoping we get some new good models/characters too (Elfhelm for example?!?!)

I think that that might just be talking about the Goblins heros. I do hope it means more good guys though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

This release was all stuff from the new books, to further entice people to buy the new books. Unless there's more new stuff in them, I wouldn't get your hopes up (and even if there is; they have a very bad habit of never releasing minis for stuff that's in the books)

It would certainly make sense for them to do a follow up wave, but I guess I'll believe it when I see it. We'll get another round of finecasting I dare say, but that might be all.

Mordor-ob bot-tuk