All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Post subject: Short Battle on What's New Today
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:57 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/b ... 900064-gws Short battle report but great pictures.

Post subject: Re: Short Battle on What's New Today
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:15 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

It's nice to see that the SBG seems to be popular within GW, despite its apparent death around the time of WotR.

There's definitely something going on with SBG if the rumours are true!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I was about to create the exact same topic lol:) Yes I wouldn't have expected a SBG battle report from them but here it is.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:40 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

They've said on facebook several times that they (the web guys) love SBG more than Warhammer or 40K, but they never showcase it because they never get any pictures sent in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Draugluin wrote:
They've said on facebook several times that they (the web guys) love SBG more than Warhammer or 40K, but they never showcase it because they never get any pictures sent in.

True story! Glad you enjoyed the battle report, hopefully as our campaign continues we'll get a bit more LotR action on there as well. But of course, send in more of your own stuff too.

Thanks,
James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:24 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

lotrchampion wrote:
Draugluin wrote:

True story! Glad you enjoyed the battle report, hopefully as our campaign continues we'll get a bit more LotR action on there as well. But of course, send in more of your own stuff too.

Thanks,
James

Uh, so do you work for GW?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Draugluin wrote:
lotrchampion wrote:
Draugluin wrote:

Thanks,
James

Uh, so do you work for GW?

I was the gentlemanly chap commanding the fine Clansmen of Lamedon (and rolling too many 1s at inopportune moments). If anyone can make a pure Clansmen army work in SBG, please let me know, and I shall gladly buy you a beverage! Fun to use, but having no spears and all 2-handed weapons is a real challenge.

Thanks,
James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

@lotr champion, this is a little off topic, but you don'yt by any chance know if we can confirm or refute the rumours about somethin next month?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

'I was the gentlemanly chap commanding the fine Clansmen of Lamedon (and rolling too many 1s at inopportune moments). If anyone can make a pure Clansmen army work in SBG"

I don't think a solely Clansmen army would work. There just aren't enough troop options for it, basically there are only two lol. I read the report mate, if you only had some archers you could have stayed at the difficult terrain and let them come to you. Nicely painted armies though and thanks for uploading the battle!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Excellent stuff! James did we meet at Wakefield a long long time ago? I think it might be the same James haha

I would never have known that was there if you guys hadn't posted it so thankyou also. Love the paintwork btw (currently painting my Fiefdoms too), would love the entire army in all its painted glory! As for tactics they can't form the mainstay of an army, it's like sending the Scots in against the English. Nine times out of ten they would get slaughtered. Better to use them as flanking units, head on attacks don't work. Perhaps splitting them into groups, that might force your opponent to divide their army or ofcourse focus everything on one of the groups! GL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

lorderkenbrand wrote:
Excellent stuff! James did we meet at Wakefield a long long time ago? I think it might be the same James haha

I would never have known that was there if you guys hadn't posted it so thankyou also. Love the paintwork btw (currently painting my Fiefdoms too), would love the entire army in all its painted glory! As for tactics they can't form the mainstay of an army, it's like sending the Scots in against the English. Nine times out of ten they would get slaughtered. Better to use them as flanking units, head on attacks don't work. Perhaps splitting them into groups, that might force your opponent to divide their army or ofcourse focus everything on one of the groups! GL

That rings a bell, was Craig/ukrocky also about? Jack, right?

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
@lotr champion, this is a little off topic, but you don'yt by any chance know if we can confirm or refute the rumours about somethin next month?

I can confirm something will happen next month. Many things will happen next month. I, for example, am planning on a skiing holiday. :)

Thanks,
James

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

lotrchampion wrote:
lorderkenbrand wrote:

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:

I can confirm something will happen next month. Many things will happen next month. I, for example, am planning on a skiing holiday. :)

Thanks,
James

Is it LotR related? lol.
Can you give us a hint?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

James let me help you out here,

I can also confirm that something will happen next month, Valentines day will happen. In the US groundhog day will happen, as will Mardi Gras.
:) Just Kidding.
As an aside I don't think it is fair to put James on the spot. We all know the secrecy policy of GW.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Those are some nice looking clansmen!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

lotrchampion wrote:
lorderkenbrand wrote:

I would never have known that was there if you guys hadn't posted it so thankyou also. Love the paintwork btw (currently painting my Fiefdoms too), would love to see the entire army in all its painted glory! As for tactics they can't form the mainstay of an army, it's like sending the Scots in against the English. Nine times out of ten they would get slaughtered. Better to use them as flanking units, head on attacks don't work. Perhaps splitting them into groups, that might force your opponent to divide their army or ofcourse focus everything on one of the groups! GL

Indeed it is haha :) Good to hear you're still playing the SBG! I've seen a few of your video quests down at Warhammer HQ recently, you are becoming quite the household name :yay: Won't be long before you're running that place!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Just saw the video from 2 weeks ago, and at the end he said that there is much to come in 2012. Unless he means the Hobbit, which isn't LotR, we'll be seeing more stuff (fingers crossed).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Draugluin wrote:
Just saw the video from 2 weeks ago, and at the end he said that there is much to come in 2012. Unless he means the Hobbit, which isn't LotR, we'll be seeing more stuff (fingers crossed).

To them it is.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

ah good, good to see interest in sbg, with new figures, a huge part of white dwarf (finally) and now a battle report to add to it. really good to see!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Skiing related to LOTR?? Well that would have sorted out the misty mountains with fair ease. "I'll just catch the ski lift to the top and wizz down the other side"