All times are UTC

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A good sign
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If you guys are seeing 24 hours, then something must be at odds with the website or the Canadian page at least. I'll place a damn order anyway and if I don't receive it in two months I'll cancel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sacrilege83 wrote:
If you guys are seeing 24 hours, then something must be at odds with the website or the Canadian page at least. I'll place a damn order anyway and if I don't receive it in two months I'll cancel.

It shows different times based on the location where it's shipped from. I (and I assume the others) would get our stuff sent from Lenton, so it's showing 24h.

That said, the Mouth of Sauron was at 4-6 weeks and suddenly went to 24h. I'll know next week if it's due to getting finecast or something else...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I'm in the US and it says the Dragon is 4-5 weeks.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

In NZ it is showing as "Usually Ships in 24 Hours", our shipments come from Oz.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Project X is not due for release until October, November or December, if your only waiting to the 22nd of Septembder you'll be dissapointed, plus GW don't care about Bilbo's Birthday.

DO you actually know anything about this supposed release, like what it is, whether it's new items of just Failcost re-dos or what? You seem like you want to project the illusion of greater knowledge, but don't ever actually give us anything concrete. If your "information" is from a GW store employee, just leave it out. I'd be more tempted to look for clues about LoTR's future on the scorch patterns on my toast.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:17 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It is from GW, as it seems, since Project X seems piratety, this could b realted to the 'surprise release' soon. However, this a thread somewhere that suggests, the W-K, dragon, vault wardens and artillery will be in finecast soon. Don't kill me if it isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

A Failcost release isn't big news to me. It just means I'll have to pay more for minis I already could have had and/ or do have. Nothing new, just price gouging.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I heard from a sales guy in my local GW Store that there will be no LotR releases until The Hobbit late next year when there will be, or so he says "a gradual release of 52 box set/blister pacls, and Smaug is awesome. He's on Mumak scale...." Just sharing what he told me, not sure how true it is. Just gonna have to wait and see.
:)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:25 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

That's what one GW employeee told me, but anothe said some finecast would be released soon, and another that there would be a big new Lotr (non-hobbit) release, I'm beginning to agree more and more with Lord Hurin on this matter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I would expect Finecast to keep coming out (in terms of replacing metals) as that has nothing to do with sculpting. However, the factory is on lock-down whilst they work on Hobbit stuff, so mya not be any new releases for anything that hasn't already been completed.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was in a GW store over the weekend, and all I was able to glean was that there will be just finecash releases for the foreseeable future. :(
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I would like to see a Smaug (built on PJ's designs, not GW's own) on the scale of the Mumuk model. I wouldn't be able to afford it, mind you...but I'd like to see it. :rofl:

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Why don't they think that fi they get more high the prices then less peopel will buy... You get them up 10% and you lose 20% of your customers for example... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Legolas7 wrote:
Why don't they think that fi they get more high the prices then less peopel will buy... You get them up 10% and you lose 20% of your customers for example... :roll:

That is so true. I know lots of people who say 'I would do this if it wasn't so damn expensive'. I think they could make more money with slightly smaller prices... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:15 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Games Workshop are less logical in some of their business decisions as a slug is about what happens when it slithers across a pile of salt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It's entirely because of shareholders. Any Joe Public can be a shareholder and they don't understand the fineries of economics, the notion of niche market, the concept of a recession, nor the idea of luxury product.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I hope Smaug is in plastic and not Finecost, probably the only one time I'm hoping for a model to be in plastic. I'm on the plastic bandwagon now that there's no longer any metal releases.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:23 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

If he is going to be Mumak sized (which seems likely to me) they he will have to be in plastic. You just couldn't realistically pull off a model that big in anything else.

And if he is going to be based on the movie's design, which he pretty much has to be, then maybe, finally, GW will have a good looking dragon model.

Of course, you know how many points he'll have to be to do justice to such a model and be noticeably better than the generic dragon?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I wonder what game system they're going to use. Are they going to stick with Wotr or head back to SBG, or create a new one for the Hobbit (which is more likely and it's that time of the decade for a new game edition)?

Also what will they compare the Smaug profile to when comparing it to Sauron & Balrog? Will he be the biggest baddy on the block now? To me Sauron should stay as the most powerful profile in the gaming systems.

As for the dragon they have currently, yeah it may be a little dull in some areas, but more realistic than compared to Warhammer's comic style of dragon, except maybe that new black dragon that just came out. I find the belly of the Lotr dragon to be lame sculpt wise. Their Cave Drake is excellent though, when I saw that model I knew I must have it right away.

Also sorry for the off topic of these posts, whatever the topic of this thread is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:50 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
Any Joe Public can be a shareholder

Yes, but not every share holder has a voting share.Shareholders invest in a company in order to make a profit. Management sets prices based on taxes, labor and maternal cost and projected sales. Well taxes and cost are up and sales are down. It is time for the shareholders to replace the management. It is the investors money.
Quote:
they don't understand the fineries of economics, the notion of niche market, the concept of a recession, nor the idea of luxury product.

If that was remotely true they would not have money to invest. I suppose you think investors are lucky or more fortunate or some such rubbish. Most of them work very hard and know a great deal more about business economics than you seem to think. GW is going to need some investors or a lot more customers.I would not hold my breath.

Quote:
I hope Smaug is in plastic and not Finecost, probably the only one time I'm hoping for a model to be in plastic. I'm on the plastic bandwagon now that there's no longer any metal releases.

I am not sure what I am going to do. Some of the new plastic kits have a lot of detail but others are sub standard. Like snap tight kits that don't snap tight. I have been building plastic model kits for 50 years. GW plastic is way behind the curve.Some of the worst kits I have ever built. I have seen vacuform kits fit together better. The parts are warped they have huge mold lines and poor glue points. They should print the instructions in hieroglyphs it would be a big improvement. Some of the kits are so detailed they should be primed and painted on the frame.However, you have to file and fill so many joints you can't. The detail on other kits is so soft they don't look as good as green army men. I hope they improve.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next