All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Citadel finecast
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Quote:
How could you have bought the men at arms, galadhrim and morgul knights over 6 years ago when they were all released at 2008/2009?

Arwen 2005
Dol amroth early 2008
Morgul knights late 2008
Galadhrim late 2009

it is now 2011... so over 6 years I have had these faults. Not I've had these faults for over 6 years.
And i bought my first lotr model in 2002 (warriors of middle earth) so really I could say i've only had these faults over the course of 9 years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:58 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

my brother bought a Lord Commisar (I think that's how you spell it, not into 40k) resin, and it broke the next day

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ritcherd wrote:
my brother bought a Lord Commisar (I think that's how you spell it, not into 40k) resin, and it broke the next day

Sorry but you have provided no context to suggest that a fault led to the figure being broken.

(edited to remove any chance of others taking offence).

Last edited by HeavySoul on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:40 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Harfoot wrote:
Is it me, but I why are so many people on these post being horrible to each other?

we all like the same hobby and view these pages because of it, come on people lets me nice :-D

Because some people apparently find GW infallible, while others find them (GW again) irritating...

Myself, I fall mostly into the latter category. Their price-hikes on cheaper materials, their lack of communication to their customers, their schlocky "marketing" and over-eager sales people have all been grinding on me the past couple of years. The way they've shoved the SBG to the sidelines despite saying they wouldn't also didn't endear them to me.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Lord Hurin wrote:
Because some people apparently find GW infallible, while others find them (GW again) irritating...

Myself, I fall mostly into the latter category. Their price-hikes on cheaper materials, their lack of communication to their customers, their schlocky "marketing" and over-eager sales people have all been grinding on me the past couple of years. The way they've shoved the SBG to the sidelines despite saying they wouldn't also didn't endear them to me.

I don't find them infallible, I don't find them irritating either. It is annoying when a company entices you into becoming a customer and then changes the playing field, I guess I have only recently got back into the hobby after a 20 odd year sabbatical from it so I have not been exposed to GW whims as most around here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

HeavySoul wrote:
Ritcherd wrote:

Sorry but you have provided no context to suggest that a fault led to the figure being broken.

(edited to remove any chance of others taking offence).

As far as I know he dropped it from a low height

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You are right I was just pointing out some of the extremes of how people understand things.

If you have read some of my other post, I hoped you understand I do not think this material is that brittle.
I think it is soft.
I think it is easy to counterfeit.
I think the gas it gives off as it cures may be toxic.
I think the dust is as dangerous as lead, fiberglass, and asbestos.
I don't remember the exact term from chemistry I think it has a low melting/deforming point.
I do think you can drop it and kick it across the room and not cause it much damage.
I think you can break it on purpose.
! would not buy any fine cast with out looking at it first.
I have some resin models. I am not un happy with most of them. I did not pay GW prices for them. I understand that the packing material is more expensive to produce than resin models.
I have been doing this a lot longer than most of you.I do not care much for GW. Taxes and the economy are not GW's fault.
I understand and am not at liberty to discuss some positive things going on at GW. Don't mistake me for a fan boy of the GW's so called Hobby but we have some positive changes to look and hope for.

Sadly Hope and Change has not done the US economy any good. :-X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ritcherd wrote:
As far as I know he dropped it from a low height

Thanks for the reply. Do you in what way the figure broke? or the type of surface it was dropped on?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

OK ive about had enough !!!! THREAD LOCKED as its waaaaay off topic this isent like the normal OR forums to be so bitchy ive edited aload of posts out to save the endless and pointless posts !!

any issues with this PM me and ill sort it . . .

LotrCrown Wraith Team !!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10