All times are UTC

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 am

Post subject: Re: What new lotr should come out?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I would like to see Plastic High Elves Inf & Cav, Plastic Rhun Kataphracts, Elite Rhun Warriors(metal, OK) Plastic Rohan RG ft & MT, some different fiefdom troops and plastic Black Nums with altered design (they look a bit WH ridiculous to me). I like the Blck Num Knights as they look a touch more restrained.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whats the rumor for a new starter set about?or you don't know?
personally,since i'm not into the harder to get,exotic,or more expensive armies and what not i'd love to see a "uruk-hai and rohan starter kit".think of the possibilities,instead of the crummy ruins that they included on the movie warrior packs,or the balin's tomb scenery that some can't be used effectivly out side of a cave,why not include a plastic rohirrim building(heck,at least a ruined one) with a handful of uruks and a mob of WoR and then in the "hobby version starter kit,etc..etc.." have something to make flame effects for the building in addition to the paint pots.heck,another thought would be to replace the uruks with dunlendings,bet that'd please a big lot of you

:^)

Click my link,you know you wanna: http://blackreaper93.blogspot.com/
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

What about like a multi part plastic kit cave/hill troll.
A smaller pack than the mordor troll, and with cruder weapons and armour for about $40-$50.
Along with a redo of moria goblins, and possably prowlers, which i was very disapointed in.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:13 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

valpas wrote:
Hmm, my view is completely opposite. I have waited since the beginnning of the game good quality metal high elves. Almost all of the the plastic sets have been disappointments for me and I like the metal models. I play mostly small skirmish games and care more about the quality of individual models than the price of huge armies. Whenever GW has done a plastic set of some models, I have rushed to get the previous metal models before they are completely out of 'print' and available nowhere.

Completely agree. I cringe every time consumers demand for more plastic models and it's understandable why, but the quality of metal sculpts are way better.

As for the topic, I would like to see Hurin and the Wardens of the Keys and they better be in metal since they are so elite. I would like to see how they would design this heavily armoured elite soldier. It better not be like the Black Guard of Barad-dur where they look like knock-offs of Isengard soldiers, and better not be like the swan knights with over the top ridiculous helmets. They just better look cooler than the Fountain Court Guards. There was this concept design of the Fountain Court Guards in the extended cut special features that looked very nice, GW should use that design for the wardens. Only if I could upload the art concept somehow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:56 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'd like some plastic Mordor Uruk-Hai, I want a battalion for my Mordor WOTR army.
In a similar vein, I agree Rhun needs some plastic sets.
Likewise Easterling cataphracts.
Likewise Dunlendings - foot & cavalry.
I agree with previous posts about metal figues, but their cost is prohibitive when you are building WOTR armies.

I'd also be interested in seeing what happens, if anything, with Men from Dale/Wardens of the Carrock, and the Stone Giants. But perhaps they are awaiting the hobbit movies for more inspiration this way?
I am also awaiting werewolves for Angmar
I concur with thoughts of separating High Elves from the Numenoreans, this was just daft to combine them...
I concur with a plastic fiefdoms set also, but perhaps individual sets , not grouped together - otherwise you always end up having to buy troops you may not use (like high elves with numenoreans as above)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

jscottbowman wrote:
I agree with previous posts about metal figues, but their cost is prohibitive when you are building WOTR armies.

I agree with the statement that it is very hard to build a WOTR army with metals. If you want an elite formation of 3 companies you need to purchase about 8 blister packs of 3 models each. For me that's $144 cdn +tax for 24 metal models :shock:
jscottbowman wrote:
I'd also be interested in seeing what happens, if anything, with Men from Dale/Wardens of the Carrock, and the Stone Giants. But perhaps they are awaiting the hobbit movies for more inspiration this way?
I am also awaiting werewolves for Angmar

I'm sure that is what they're doing waiting for the films to come out and thank God it has been given the green light to start filming. I find it better that they draw their inspiration for the designs from the movies. And werewolves interest me as well. Really I want GW to waste less of their time trying to convert models to plastic and just stick to bringing out new ones that we're anticipating.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Everything in plastic would be nice. As people have said; having formations of the more elite metal units is just impossible due to price.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Lorizael wrote:
Everything in plastic would be nice. As people have said; having formations of the more elite metal units is just impossible due to price.

i wouldn't have everything in plastic since the quality is not as good as metal, also with smaller kits such as heros plastic would be nearly as expensive because of the initial cost of designing it, plastic is only really worthwhile in kits with 6 + cavalry or 20 + infantry or large models

but more plastic models would still be nice

happy new year

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sorry, yes you're right; heroes would need to stay metal (however much I detest metal models!!). The cost would be crazy!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

They should make THE EYE wouldnt that just be cool to field!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:23 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

^Well GW released recently a multi leveled wizards tower for WHFB. It would be nice if they would do an Orthanc Tower or Barad-dur, but problems would be that it's too large and lotr isn't their biggest market.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i say plastic hobbits

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:28 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
i say plastic hobbits

Probably when the movie comes out (if it doesn't have budget issues) they will release them.
Personally as a dwarf player I would love for plastic wardens and khazad guard because the price and models could use some work. However I dont think that they will come out with them anytime soon. I think they are going to come out with new plastic models for the easterling calvary and the rhun units.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dwarves probably wont get another bolster of new modles for anouther few years now...
High Elves and nuemenor probably will get the next new miniatures as they realy need them... ...DESPEATLY!!!
Im sick and tired of trying to get a decent formation of high elf spearmen.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I think that Games Workshop has really got the opportunity to get some great new models out. We haven't had any models or rules for the Woodmen, Breemen or Men of Esgaroth, all of which could be made into great metal or plastic models. Don't get me wrong - using Warriors of Rohan models and rules for them was okay back in 2004, but they should of given us some rules or something by now.

I also think that they should also give us some plastic Khand and Dunland - they may not be big sellers now, but I know if they released a box set of plastic Dunlendings, I'd definitely start a new Dunland army!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Numenor! I have waited too long for new models. I probably won't buy anything from GW until they come out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would love some new dunland guys because my army is getting pretty expensive at the moment :(
But Numenor would be cool too.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
I would love some new dunland guys because my army is getting pretty expensive at the moment

You might look at plastic Vikings or Saxons

Last edited by Oldman Willow on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

What about some high elf cavalry and some type of siege weapon for elves?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

personally what i'd like most right now is some more of those "second blisters" like they did for citadel guard and mordor uruks - there are too many things cursed with only three variations (orc trackers and black númenoreans come to mind, some more osgilliath veterans would be nice too). i'd give my eye tooth for a black númenorean marshal, while we're on the subject, and a mordor uruk captain would be nice too.

in terms of plastics, i think kataphracts are probably the most urgent thing.

Mordor-ob bot-tuk